Newspaper Page Text
brought to you by
American Dairy Association & Dairy Council Mid
Pennsylvania Dairy Promotion Program^^Jjj^r
“got milk?®” TV commercials, outdoor billboards and print
ads position milk as a cool beverage and encourage
people to increase their calcium intake by drinking milk.
“Ahh, the power of Cheese™” TV commercials and print
ads show that cheese has the power to affect people
deeply and urge people to eat more cheese.
Nutritionists participate in TV, radio and newspaper
interviews to dispel common misconceptions about milk
and other dairy products.
• To Improve milk’s Image and appeal in schools, dairy
farmer dollars continue to address the age-old concern of
- New serving tine milk coolers ate being placed In schools
with the greatest need. .
- Opportunities arf being jefeerched to Increase milk
ppdloh else to deNpolsv ", 'V . \ ,
- Chocolate milk is promoted because kids often prefer ‘
chocolate over white milk.
- School food Service personnel are trained to dairy case
TOTAL MILK SALES
ON THE RISE
dairy check-off promotion program was started by dairy farmers in
with one purpose - to increase the demand for dairy products...
it’s doing just that!
tal milk sales have increased 11.5% since 1984,
f capita consumption of all dairy products has increased 11.5%
ice 1984 - that’s an increase of 72 pounds more dairy per person!
tal milk sold since 1984 has exceeded USDA projections by more
in 225 billion pounds!
• Chef Combo influences eating habits for a lifetime by
encouraging pre-school and kindergarten students to taste
and appreciate dairy foods.
• Pyramid Cafe and Pyramid Explorations teach second and
fourth grade students basic nutrition and build positive
attitudes toward milk and cheese.
• www.drinkmilk.com shows kids ages 9-14 how to combat
the growing calcium crisis and provides teachers with a
corresponding lesson plan.
• To increase incremental milk sales, joint in-store marketing
opportunities are created with milk companion foods like
• Retailers are provided with customized cheese promotions
including TV ads and In-store sampling evertts to increase
incremental cheese sales.
• •••••• *T ••••••••••••
* Dairy-friendly patient education materials are provided to
doctors, dietitians and nurses.
• Dairy research updates distributed to the medical community
highlight dairy’s role in preventing osteoporosis, high blood
pressure and colon cancer.
OPERATION COLD MILK
Ahh, the power of Cheese:
Lancaster Farming, Saturday, June 3,2000-D1