Newspaper Page Text
you should know
about HH 3
W»y Anhydrous Ammonia is a
-'I. The most concentrated form of
nitrogen (82% N).
2. applied in the fall
remains in the non-leaching ammonium
form over the winter.
,3. Spring applied anhydrous ammonia
Converts to the fast-acting nitrate
nitrogen when soil temperatures rise
,to 60° or higher. ,
'4. Versatile. Can be applied in the
soil or in the water. Excellent for
preplant, sidedressing, plowdown and
i water application.
5. In the ammonium form available
to plants immediately.
6. The ammonium form of nitrogen is
long-lasting attracted to clay and
organic matter and will not leach out
of the soil.
7. Does not move readily to the tops
of beds, where it would become
unavailable to plants stays in the
Anhydrous Ammonia for Prepiant
8. Fall or spring applied anhydrous
ammonia will remain the ammonium
form longer, reducing chances for
9. Preplant ammonia starts
immediately to decompose residues and
releases other plant food.
10. Soil moisture and physical
conditions in the spring or .fall are
usually optimum for ammonia
11. Preplant anhydrous ammonia is
efficient and economical.
12. Labor is more available.
13. Preplant ammonia is equal to other
times of application for obtaining
maximum crop yields and profits.
Anhydrous Ammonia for
14. The nitrogen is placed deep where
the roots are growing.
15. Ammonia reacts with soil moisture
and forms ammonium ions and will not
leach out of the soil. ,
16. In one to three weeks, most
ammonium nitrogn is converted to
nitrate nitrogen which moves
throughout the root zone and is
rapidly absorbed by plant roots.
17. With anhydrous ammonia applied
as a sidedressing, there is less
movement of the nitrogen to the top of
beds where it becomes unavailable.
18. Sidedressing with anhydrous
ammonia adds needed nitrogen at the
proper time just ahead of the period
when plants require large amounts of
nitrogen for top production.
Special Advantages of
19. Anhydrous ammonia is a proven
nitrogen fertilizer used successfully
Lancaster Farming, Saturday, March 16,1968
by corn growers in the mid-west for'
over 20 years.
20. Demonstrations and research
showing it to be applicable to soils
and crops in Lancaster County.
21. Anhydrous ammonia is effective,
economical and easy to apply.
Who to See About Anhydrous
22. all your anhydrous ammonia
needs see Bill Brubaker, Organic Plant j
23. You’ll find personnel who have
been professionally trained in proper
application methods they will make -
sure your anhydrous ammonia is
applied at proper depths and at the
right time for maximum yields'.
24. And at Organic Plant Food
Company you’ll find the finest ammonia
facilities and equipment available to
help you obtain higher yields and
greater profits this fall.