Newspaper Page Text
is accepting applications for 2009-2010 editorial staff
Also available are several positions for students wishing to write full
length feature and investigative articles for the Beacon.
Most positions on the editorial staff receive a stipend at the end
based upon job responsibilities.
No previous experience required. The Beacon is a learning opportunity for
any interested students, and staff positions are always open for students o
Why Write For The Beacon?
- Every Director of every School at Behrend will agree that communications
skills, especially writing abilities, will set you apart as a job applicant.
- The National Association of Colleges and Employers lists communications
skills as the #1 thing all types employers want to see out of recent college
- Writing for your college newspaper shows more than writing skills; by
working on a news staff, you develop teamwork, problem solving abilities,
and learn about crisis management weekly.
- Students who have developed skills at the Beacon crew have gone onto
great careers in journalism and communications.
- The Beacon crew offers professional contacts and networking capabilties
that assist greatly in finding a job straight out of college, both in journalism
and other careers.
lease e-mail a resume to email@example.com if you
are interested in joining the Beacon staff.
Please indicate on your application which position you are interested
in holding, and any other positions you would want as well.
N4i. Erie The Behrend
t A S College
any major or experience level.
- News Editor
- Assistant News Editor (2)
- Opinion Editor
- Sports Editor (2)
- Arts Editor
- Assistant Website Editor
- Photo Editor
- Photographer (2)
- Head Copy Editor
- Copy Editor